Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org> on 2021/11/24 10:37:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Propose Apache APISIX Community Weekly Meeting

Hi, community members,

This DISCUSS mail is related to the previous mail called "Here are some
feedbacks from our developers"[1], we got many valuable feedbacks from
community members, I'd like to take Community Weekly Meeting into our
community as a usual event. Here is my proposal for this:

Here have 3 cycles across a meeting life: Before, Meeting, and After.

1. Before
1.1 After comparing Google Docs, Issue, and Discussion, I prefer using
Apache APISIX's Discussion to create our webinar's timeline and agendas.
Because Google Docs is not friendly to developers in China, and it seems
that issue management is complex, so I choose Discussion first. We'd better
add a new category called "Webinar" in the Discussion[2].
1.2 Take the next webinar as an example:
1.2.1 We could create a ticket called "Community Weekly Meeting (November
26, 2021)";
1.2.2 We need to fulfill some necessary information: Date, Topics, Tools
(e.g Zoom), Moderator (for the current meeting) Name and Contact
Information. Also, we could provide the Google (or Apple) Calendar's
subscription link. A similar example:
https://github.com/vercel/next.js/discussions/27687
1.2.2.1 Our members are from all over the world, and most of us could know
and speak English or Chinese, so I would suggest creating 2 different
meetings on the same day for both English and Chinese languages.
1.2.2.2 Date: We could provide 2 dates for English and Chinese meetings[3].
1.2.2.3 Topics: Collect from developers' feedback in the Discussion ticket;
1.2.2.4 Tools: We could use Zoom, Google Meet, and Tencent Meetings, the
moderator needs to add the meeting link;
1.2.2.5 Moderator: The first one who responds to a willingness to be a
moderator could be the moderator.
1.2.3 Wait for developers to reply to this ticket, so we could know what
topics developers want to know.

2. Meeting
2.1 The moderator needs to lead attendees to communicate with each other,
and take control of the Meeting time around 60min ~ 120min;
2.2 The moderator is responsible to record meetings;

3. After
3.1 The moderator needs to upload meetings to YouTube channel[4];
3.2 The moderator is responsible to organize meeting notes and publish them
on that ticket, and create necessary issues from the notes.

By holding webinars we could group developers together with more closely!
Sincerely look forward to your feedback on this proposal :)

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/40spln9t62dz8dlwf0xg174g131t89fq
[2] https://github.com/vercel/next.js/discussions
[3] https://everytimezone.com/s/4de8cebc?t=6080bc80,a6e
[4] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgPD18cMhOg5rmPVnQhAC8g/featured

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>

Re: [DISCUSS] Propose Apache APISIX Community Weekly Meeting

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
> I would like to live-stream the meeting through channels such as WeChat
Channels

Yayaya! That's the intention of this proposal: connect contributors and
spread Apache APISIX :)

jing li <li...@gmail.com> 于2021年11月25日周四 上午9:39写道:

Posted by forest tiara <ba...@gmail.com>.
you need to have a proxy or vpn that supports udp

Posted by Serendipity 96 <ju...@gmail.com>.
Great! Looking forward to tomorrow's community meeting.

Best Regards!
@Serendipity96<https://github.com/Serendipity96>

Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org> 于2021年11月30日周二 14:39写道:

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by forest tiara <ba...@gmail.com>.
what about Twitter space

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jing li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 王晔倞 <ye...@api7.ai>.
I agree!

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
> The current communication is mainly in Chinese and English communication
can be added in the future.

The Weekly Meeting doesn't need to take too much energy so why not invite
all developers to attend? It's just like a discussion or talk between
friends :) I would welcome people no matter what languages he/she is
familiar with.

> I think the biweekly interval is better.

I guess you may worry about it will take much time or much frequently, if
our member doesn't have time, he/she can do what he/she wants :)

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
hi:

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
> Can we have a regular meeting every week in the future?

Yep, this proposal aims to hold regular Weekly Meetings, see 1.2.2.2.

yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com> 于2021年11月24日周三 下午8:13写道:

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.