Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mike Cassisa <MC...@cricketcommunications.com> on 2005/04/13 00:29:39 UTC

targetPath

Just started reading through the Maven 2/0 stuff and found something
that has bothered me a bit from the previous version.  The targetPath
element tends to make it a bit difficult to include resources in a war
file.  It would be nice if you could simply refer to the targetPath as
the root of the archive instead of the root of the classes directory.
Seems like there should just be an archive destination that gets zipped
up into the archive file, what ever it is and everything is relative to
that.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious, I keep running into problems
with web archive packaging and maven.

Cheers,

MC

Mike Cassisa

Software Engineer

Cricket Communications

10307 Pacific Center Court

San Diego, CA 92121

858-882-6096 Office

A good solution applied with vigor now is better

than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.

                            - General George S. Patton Jr.

Re: targetPath

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I thought targetPath was removed from Maven2, but I can't remember
completely.

Resources need to have consistent behaviour between different packaging
- if your behaviour was adopted, then the resources would not be on the
classpath in a WAR, but would be in a JAR.

The root of the WAR archive is specified by warSourceDirectory in the
WAR plugin configuration - is there a need to store anything outside of
that?

Maven2/0... that's infinity! :)

Cheers,
Brett