Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2008/04/22 12:42:41 UTC

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Hey,

sorry for digging out this old thread, but.....

After this 2 threads:

*http://www.nabble.com/Simple-authentication-not-working%3A-Unrecognized-xbean-element-mapping%3A-authenticationUser-td16765832s2354.html
*http://www.nabble.com/Securing-the-web-console-impossible--td16765525s2354.html

i wanted to make use of my confluence account to make some improvements in
the documentation.

But i can't edit the pages, the only thing i can do is to "add labels" to a
page.

I am in the group confluence-users.

Is there a way for normal wiki-user to edit this page?

C'mon folks, i spoke with many people using AMQ (or trying to use AMQ). Most
of them stopped using AMQ after an evalution, because there simply is not
enough and up-to-date documentation / examples.

I think giving users the ability to edit the wiki-pages would lead to a
major improvement in documentation. (To prevent vandalism etc. you could use
some kind of "moderation", meaning changes have to be approved by you, the
developers)

What do you think?

How can we proceed from here?

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 22/04/2008, j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

>  Hey,
>
>  sorry for digging out this old thread, but.....
>
>  After this 2 threads:
>
>  *http://www.nabble.com/Simple-authentication-not-working%3A-Unrecognized-xbean-element-mapping%3A-authenticationUser-td16765832s2354.html
>  *http://www.nabble.com/Securing-the-web-console-impossible--td16765525s2354.html
>
>  i wanted to make use of my confluence account to make some improvements in
>  the documentation.
>
>  But i can't edit the pages, the only thing i can do is to "add labels" to a
>  page.
>
>  I am in the group confluence-users.
>
>  Is there a way for normal wiki-user to edit this page?

Sure! We had to close the wiki to anyone due to spam...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

We just need your username & email address you used to register with
confluence to grant you karma.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:07 PM, tpounds <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I seem to be having the same issue.  Is it a requirement to sign the Apache
>  Contributor License Agreement now?

The official line from the ASF is that you first need to file the CLA
to contribute to the wiki:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Once you've faxed this in to the ASF, we an edit your wiki permissions
so that you can contribute.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by jonysberg <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do you know when will release the 5.1 version ?

Thanks.

Posted by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com>.