Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> on 2001/10/18 00:04:25 UTC

configure fails on my freebsd box

hi all,
i was trying to install the up-to-the minute CVS version of
the server,

and configure fails with the following error:
it does output loads of things... till (line 9950)
configure: failed line 9950: redirection unexpected.

i did get this error before,
help!
thanks
regards

Hiten Pandya
hpandya@lycos.co.uk

Free E-mail - Lycos UK - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for £9.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=lycos_ef
Play now to win £1 Million - http://www.thedailydraw.com/mainframe.cfm?source=lycos

Re: configure fails on my freebsd box

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> writes:

> and configure fails with the following error:
> it does output loads of things... till (line 9950)
> configure: failed line 9950: redirection unexpected.

Maybe you want to post the 20 or so lines of your configure script
leading up to that line?  Occasionally we'll find that some
bash-specific shell construct has snuck into the config code.  But it
could be any number of things confusing your shell.

So post that part of configure, and if possible try to run the same
commands manually using /bin/sh to see if you can find some sort of
shell limitation.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...