Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/30 22:37:00 UTC

how do I verify that all nodes in the cluster are running and doing there job?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: how do I verify that all nodes in the cluster are running and doing there job?

Posted by abhishek sharma <ab...@usc.edu>.
You can verify that all the nodes are up using the "jps" command.

There is a script slaves.sh that can run any command on the slaves
machines. For e.g., to see the list of TaskTrackers and  DataNodes,
you can do

${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/slaves.sh jps

Abhishek

Posted by shangan <sh...@corp.kaixin001.com>.
you can just run the following command:
hadoop job -list-active-trackers    (check whether all tasktrackers are running well)
hadoop dfsadmin -report              (check whether all datanodes are running well)

2010-08-31

shangan