Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 23:39:59 UTC

[ADS 1.5.1] Release report #3

Hi guys,

We have missed the last milestone (we were supposed to freeze the code
last sunday), but we won't miss the nexty one : next sunday :)

We have had a very serious issue (DIRSERVER-942) and it took 3 days to
find a correct solution to it. The ggod point is that we have migrated
to MINA 1.1.2, and we had time to fix some more bug in the mean time.

Some more has been postponed to 1.5.2.

5 more issues has been fixed or postponed compared to last friday. We
don't have anymore blockers and critical. (the blocker has been
postponed to 1.5.2).

Fixed since last report :
DIRSERVER-832 : postponed
DIRSERVER-942 : fixed
DIRSERVER-999 : postponed
DIRSERVER-1000 : postponed
DIRSERVER-1027 : fixed

So here are the remaining bugs for 1.5.1 :

13 majors :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-169  : Incorrect
SearchResult name and "compare" failure using CoreContextFactory
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-766  : UniqueMember
attribute compare does not seem to work properly (uniqueMemberMatch is
not implemented?)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-776  : EntryUUID only
created when entries are added with Mitosis enabled
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-851  : Check that new
objectClasses do not have wrong KIND combinations
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-865  : Errors when
importing ACI from LDIF file containing tabs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-904  : Adding two
schema elements of different type with the same OID is allowed, but it
should not
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-911  : Syntax length
definitions in schemas exported from LDAP Studio throws exception on
Apache DS start-up.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-922  : Data is "lost"
after adding Index to config file
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-923  : Result: 33 Alias problem
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-925  : Apacheds allows
multible structural objectClasses
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-934  : Controls are
not used into Bind request
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1002 : Stopping server
without credentials results in NPE after server stops
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1018 : Linux init
script needs message if no instance specified

3 minors :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-757 : Attribute
'uniqueMember' allows for any string, not just DN
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-803 : Creating an
alias from a child entry to the ancestor causes an error (return code
36)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-853 : Ldap ref values
incorrectly handled for referrals

We will try to fix as much bug as possible, then we will postpone the
remaining issues on sunday, and cut the release.

Thanks guys !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com