Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com> on 2014/01/02 22:12:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.4-incubating

Hi Folks,

I have created a build for Falcon 0.4-incubating, candidate 1. Thanks to
everyone who have contributed to this release.

The source tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5, *.sha):
http://people.apache.org/~venkatesh/falcon-0.4-incubating-rc1/sources/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.4-rc1

The list of fixed issues:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.txt;h=d94d4158a178e0b6e197ffaa107d6a71f07a9aae;hb=69562ef7f937c24d219ed6cec83f1370ca64c93c

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/falcon/KEYS

Please download, test, and try it out.

Vote will close at 23/Jul/2013 10AM IST.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.

Venkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: [VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.4-incubating

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non-binding)

I tested some entity manipulation with oozie 4.0.0 and hadoop 1.1.2
without problem.

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.4-incubating

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Ran the build, works fine. verified checksum

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:21 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> According to
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-licensethe NOTICE file is just for additional copyright and attribution statements
> required by the licenses included in LICENSE.  Given that, I don’t see how
> these entries in NOTICE can/should be there if the license isn’t mentioned
> in LICENSE.  I don’t think this is worth re-rolling the release over, but I
> think the notices could be removed going forward.
>
> +1 on the release.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Jan 3, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Srikanth, these are the transitive dependencies pulled in by Hive
> > dependency in Falcon. They are part of the runtime.
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <
> sriksun@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Source builds and tests pass. Verified the signature as well.
> >> Did notice that the following items are listed in NOTICE, however they
> >> don't find references in LICENSE
> >>>>

> >> This product includes DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org/)
> >> ..This product includes Guava (
> http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/)
> >> ..This product includes JavaEWAH (http://code.google.com/p/javaewah/)
> >> ..This product includes/uses ANTLR (http://www.antlr.org/),
> >> ..This product includes/uses Bootstrap (
> >> http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/),
> >> ..
> >> This product includes/uses Glyphicons (http://glyphicons.com/),<<
> >>
> >> Dont think any of these used directly by Falcon, so it might be ok to
> >> leave them out, but it would be good to get confirmation from folks with
> >> background on this.
> >> Looks good otherwise.
> >> ThanksSrikanth Sundarrajan

> >> at 2

> >> venkatesh@innerzeal.com

> >> *.sha):
> >>>>
> http://people.apache.org/~venkatesh/falcon-0.4-incubating-rc1/sources/

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.4-rc1

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.txt;h=d94d4158a178e0b6e197ffaa107d6a71f07a9aae;hb=69562ef7f937c24d219ed6cec83f1370ca64c93c

> >> add,

> >> add,
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Venkatesh
> >
> > “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to
> add,
> > but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> > - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.4-incubating

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.4-incubating

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying.
+1 for the release.
RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
Sorry, the vote is open for the next 72 hours and closes on 6 Jan 2014 at 2
PM PST.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Seetharam Venkatesh <venkatesh@innerzeal.com
> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have created a build for Falcon 0.4-incubating, candidate 1. Thanks to
> everyone who have contributed to this release.
>
> The source tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5, *.sha):
> http://people.apache.org/~venkatesh/falcon-0.4-incubating-rc1/sources/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.4-rc1
>
> The list of fixed issues:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.txt;h=d94d4158a178e0b6e197ffaa107d6a71f07a9aae;hb=69562ef7f937c24d219ed6cec83f1370ca64c93c
>
> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/falcon/KEYS
>
> Please download, test, and try it out.
>
> Vote will close at 23/Jul/2013 10AM IST.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> +1 from my side for the release.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Venkatesh
>
> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Venkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry