Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Doug Nakken <DO...@cc.usu.edu> on 2001/05/09 18:17:20 UTC

XML-Soap admin errors

Hello,
I'm running Tomcat3.2.1, Soap 2.1,and Xerces1.3 but when I try to deploy,or do
anything with the XML-Soap admin I get errors similar to the following:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPC:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fsoap\_0002fadmin_0002flist_0
002ejsplist_jsp_0.java:16: Package org.apache.soap.server not found in import.
import  org.apache.soap.server.*;

Apparently not finding the org.apache...

Where do I correct this problem?
Thanks
Doug

Re: XML-Soap admin errors

Posted by "Rajagopala R. Sesetti" <rs...@atdsprint.com>.
Hi,

Did you try setting the SOAP, mail and Xerces jars in the CLASSPATH of tomcat?

Appropriate location to set this CLASSPATH would be line: 111 of tomcat.sh
(Tomcat 3.2), if you are using Unix. Also, the xerces.jar (of Xerces 1.3.1)
should be the first entry in this CLASSPATH.

See a mail from Erastus Z Allen in this mailing list. It has a pointer to a
quick start guide.

Cheers/RAJ

--

****** 100%, ALWAYS ******