Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/10/18 11:18:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.6.2, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version
1.6.2, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to
be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 11D464BA [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.6.2-rc1" [5],
* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement
blog post [6].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Release Manager

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344110
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.6.2/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1186
[5]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.6.2-rc1
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/128

[RESULT][VOTE] Release 1.6.2, release candidate #1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
|I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this release.

There are 4 approving votes, 3 of which are binding:
* Chesnay (binding)
* Gordon (binding)
* Till (binding)
* vino (non-binding)

There are no disapproving votes.

Thanks everyone!|||

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.6.2, release candidate #1

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

- checked the PR of the  announcement blog post and the version number.
- compiled the source code (without test)
- ran table/sql test cases
- started a standalone flink cluster with a example job

Thanks, vino.

Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> 于2018年10月26日周五 下午11:34写道:

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
This appears to be an OS-incompatibility issue in ES.

https://github.com/opensensorhub/osh-persistence/issues/2
https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/23218

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
I've run the build again.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chesnay,

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
It's these two:

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I do get the same ClassNotFoundException locally, but my build is not
marked as failed.
This exception also occurs on master but doesn't fail the build.

Did you get another exception, or could it be that the build only failed
due to the RAT issue?

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chesnay!

Withdrawing my -1 for this RC.