Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gerd Mueller <Ge...@smb-tec.com> on 2004/12/14 11:18:28 UTC

Matrix flag

Hi,

Could it be that POI/HSSF doesn't save the matrix flag for formulas?
If so, where can I fix it?

Best Regards,
gerd

Re: Matrix flag

Posted by Gerd Mueller <Ge...@smb-tec.com>.
> The low level token implementation includes the flavor attribute, so
> that's done. However, the  ARRAY record and its semantics needs to be
> implemented. In addition, the flavours of the tokens change in strange
> ways, based on the operators and the context. The algorithm that
> currently handles this needs to be checked for array flavoured tokens.
>
> If you're interested, first read the OpenOffice file format doc (linked
> from the poi site). Glad to help if you have further questions.

I've already took a look at that spec and it's really hard stuff. But I'll
see if I can do anything.

Best Regards,
gerd

Re: Matrix flag

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Ah.. if only this were just a flag, or it could be fixed at one place.

But having said that, it should not be all that difficult.

Simplifying things a bit:

Array formula's are stored in ARRAY records, while normal formulae's are
stored in FORMULA records. The two are actually quite similar. The
actual formula is stored in as parsed tokens (just like the formula
record). However, operand tokens (ptg's) in an ARRAY formula are stored
using the "array flavour" of the token.

The low level token implementation includes the flavor attribute, so
that's done. However, the  ARRAY record and its semantics needs to be
implemented. In addition, the flavours of the tokens change in strange
ways, based on the operators and the context. The algorithm that
currently handles this needs to be checked for array flavoured tokens.

If you're interested, first read the OpenOffice file format doc (linked
from the poi site). Glad to help if you have further questions.

Regards
-
Avik

Re: Matrix flag

Posted by aaz <z...@interoperate.com>.

Need help about WordDocument extrator!

Posted by rec liu <re...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Hello,
I got some code from intenet. which extrator ms word file to text file. i try it in English, it do right. but in case of Chinese characters. it will short some.that's to say,only part of content was saved ,part of them lost. no matter it short or long file. why? what can i do? my code as follows:
public boolean Extrator(){
try
{
file = new WordDocument(fileName);

//Writer out = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter(outFileName));
Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(new FileOutputStream(outFileName),"utf-8");
file.writeAllText(out);

//file.closeDoc();
out.flush();
out.close();