Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Zack Brown <zb...@tumblerings.org> on 2002/11/06 13:59:37 UTC

when is 'shared file' section of web site updated?

Hi folks,

How often is
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=256
updated?

Be well,
Zack

--
Zack Brown

Re: when is 'shared file' section of web site updated?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Zack Brown <zb...@tumblerings.org> writes:

> > Fitz, cmpilato and I are in process of rewriting and expanding
> > chapters 3, 4, and 5 right now.  So I'm not sure what our policy is.
> > I'm not sure if our commits to the book must "always keep the book
> > perfectly readable".  If so, we need to be careful what we commit, or
> > commit less often, or work on a branch.  If not, then we should upload
> > new PDFs only at major junctures, when the book *is* in a readable
> > state.
>
> I'd suggest having two side-by-side versions for each type (html, pdf,
> ps). The first version will be the 'careful' one that everyone should
> read if they just want info. The second version will be the
> up-to-the-minute one that folks should read if they just want to follow
> the book's development progress without compiling it themselves.

Well, that implies that fitz, cmpilato, and I should be doing our work
on a branch.  Then somebody (you? :-)) would compile the source from
both branches and upload them to the site.

I'm starting to like the branch idea a lot.  But I wonder if people
really want to see fancy {html, ps, pdf} versions of a book that may
not be coherent.

Re: when is 'shared file' section of web site updated?

Posted by Zack Brown <zb...@tumblerings.org>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.