Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/10/25 20:00:28 UTC

Alexandria is dead, Gump lives

As you all know Alexandria is dead.

I felt that the "corpse was still warm", but while trying to reanimate
it it died ;-)

As you have seen, I have reorganized the code in a different way, added
javasrc, bubba, put stupid fancy names for the sub-codebases...

The bottom line is that I have to declare Alexandria dead.
Not that I'm particularly sad about it, it's just a constatation.

Gump codebase has replaced Alexandria codebase _de-facto_ and Gump is
Alexandria.

                        -oOo-

Now, what should we do about Alexandria, now that a reorg is in place
and that it's time to do some cleaning?

These are my opinions:

  1) Gump replaces Alexandria as a project in toto
      -> jakarta.apache.org/gump

  2) bubba, viprom, etc remain in the CVS with Gump and the
     dirs are renamed to a more human version (editor, etc...)

  3) Alexandria codebase along with javasrc and xsltdoc gets
     moved to another project

     Alternatives:
       a) Forrest
       b) Incubator