Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jan van den Berg <ja...@isp.solcon.nl> on 2007/03/21 10:22:38 UTC

Apache dev site outdated

Just a procedural comment about:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

The information on this page is kind of outdated: certain links don't
work, and it deals with CVS instead of SVN.

This would make it somewhat harder for aspiring contributors to get
started. I just figured it out last week; but this page sure didn't
help.

So who keeps this page up to date? Any reason why this info isn't yet
updated?

Cheers,

Jan

Re: Apache dev site outdated

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Mar 21, 2007, at 4:32 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

>> So who keeps this page up to date? Any reason why this info isn’t
>> yet updated?
>
> I imagine that, officially, it's the responsibility of the httpd
> docs folks. cc'ing it over there, and perhaps someone will pick it
> up. You're absolutely right, it does set the barrier to entry a
> little higher.

I had noticed that.  I can look at it, but not likely today.

S.

Re: Apache dev site outdated

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
The past can be like sidewalk chalk
If you will dance and pray for rain

Re: Apache dev site outdated

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Apache dev site outdated

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/21/07, Jan van den Berg <ja...@isp.solcon.nl> wrote:

> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

> So who keeps this page up to date? Any reason why this info isn't yet
> updated?

Because nobody has submitted a patch.  (Kind of a circular problem, I
realize ;-)

Feel free to contribute.

Joshua.