Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nathan Pitts <jp...@tahc.state.tx.us> on 2004/01/30 00:15:35 UTC

Validation problem

I am wondering how to solve the following problem with a minimal amount
of recoding, and hope someone can give some input.  I have a form the
has three html:submit buttons -- Update, Cancel and Delete.   I am
using a LookupDispatchAction and an ActionForm with the validation in
the validate() method.  Under normal conditions everything works
fine......But when a user clicks Update with invalid data on the form,
the validate method catches the bad data and returns the proper error
message.  If the user then decides to click Cancel (without changing
the invalid data), the validate() method is still called and the user
is returned the same error.

One thing that I might be able to do is to somehow find out what button
was clicked in the validate() method...??  How would I do that, I
wonder...

thanks in advance,
-nathan