Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ge...@ameritech.net on 2003/02/07 01:35:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Where/How to get mod_ssl?

Hey, Group,

I'm moving a website from an old Redhat 5.2 box running RH Secure Server
(v.2.0) to a newer box running RH 7.2 and Apache v.1.3.27.  Things were
going well until I found that there's no mod_ssl.so on the new box.  I
haven't found one on the old box either, but I don't think I could use
it anyway (or...?).

Yes, we do certificates here and so do need it.  I thrashed around in a
lot of docs which all seemed to say that I have to build it.  And the
instructions for this building are a little on the vague side.  If
anyone's done this before and could clue me in, I'd really appreciate
it.

Thanks,
ken

Re: [users@httpd] Where/How to get mod_ssl?

Posted by ge...@ameritech.net.
I downloaded a tarball from <http://www.modssl.org> and it has the same
install instructions as an rpm I got.  I'll try up2date.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

Regards,
ken

Anthony Abby at 19:48 (UTC-0500) on Thu, 6 Feb 2003 said:

= You can either get it via up up2date (up2date mod_ssl) or visit the modssl
= website (http://www.modssl.org) and download it from there.  You'll find
= documentation on how to create a cert there, or on the apache website.
=
= Anthony
=
=
= --
= Anthony Abby - http://www.aplusdata.com
= Comic Book Community News        | Web Programming
= Inventory and Management System  | Cold Fusion
=                                    PHP & ASP
=
=

Re: [users@httpd] Where/How to get mod_ssl?

Posted by Anthony Abby <an...@aplusdata.com>.

--
Anthony Abby - http://www.aplusdata.com
Comic Book Community News        | Web Programming
Inventory and Management System  | Cold Fusion
                                   PHP & ASP

RE: [users@httpd] Where/How to get mod_ssl?

Posted by ge...@ameritech.net.
Jeff,

Thanks for the tip, but this site doesn't have any mod_ssl module for
any kind of Unix.  They do have some other interesting modules though.

Regards,
ken

Jeff Cohen at 21:25 (UTC-0500) on Thu, 6 Feb 2003 said:

= Try that:
= http://www.gknw.de/development/apache/
=
= they have compiled and ready to use modules.. see if you have for your OS.
=
= All the best,
= Jeff Cohen
=
= > I'm moving a website from an old Redhat 5.2 box running RH Secure Server
= > (v.2.0) to a newer box running RH 7.2 and Apache v.1.3.27.  Things were
= > going well until I found that there's no mod_ssl.so on the new box.  I
= > haven't found one on the old box either, but I don't think I could use
= > it anyway (or...?).
= >
= > Yes, we do certificates here and so do need it.  I thrashed around in a
= > lot of docs which all seemed to say that I have to build it.  And the
= > instructions for this building are a little on the vague side.  If
= > anyone's done this before and could clue me in, I'd really appreciate
= > it.
= >
= >
= > Thanks,
= > ken
= >
= >
= >
= > The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
= > See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
= > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
=

RE: [users@httpd] Where/How to get mod_ssl?