Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <DN...@hibbertgroup.com> on 2006/11/29 16:37:10 UTC

[OT] RE: Re: struts-html question.... puzzling problem...

> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of maya
> how exactly does this WAR-thing work???

This may not be your best approach to learning JEE.

Have you considered getting a book that discusses JEE and moving on to
Struts from there?

Dave

Re: [OT] RE: Re: struts-html question.... puzzling problem...

Posted by maya <ma...@yahoo.com>.
thank you very much for your help..  I'm a developer, mostly front-end
(but very experienced) also know Java programming (and JSP/back-end), I
started learning Java about three years ago and I like programming a
lot.. know very well how to use Tomcat, servlets, etc..

started a new job a few months ago where I use struts, I have no
problems at work, since deal mostly w/front-end (custom tags, etc..) but
since I also have an interest in programing, and do have back-end
experience, want to learn struts "from the ground up", i.e., want to be
able to create a complete app from scratch w/struts (write the classes,
everything..) and thus as a learning exercise want to write my own
little CMS with struts for uploading/displaying photos (could do this
every easily in way I'm used to, namely putting all processing code in
JSP itself, but do want to learn how to do it with struts..)

the WAR-file thing has really eluded me.. but now have no choice but
learn how to deal w/it since otherwise won't be able to look @ docs for
struts 1.1....

would appreciate some suggestions.. thank you very much..