Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/03/01 23:46:27 UTC

[RT] More on aggregated content: Are publets portlets?

Hi all,

just making sure we don't miss what others are doing, it might be worth
looking at these links:

http://portals.apache.org/
http://ws.apache.org/wsrp4j/
http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=168

@Andreas: You had written the Publet and ResourceTypePage proposals,
right? Did you cross-check with the above resources? Did you ever have a
look at the PageFragmentEditingProposal and the
XIncludeAggregationProposal? I think they try to accomplish exactly the
same, but if I get it right, neither approad has been developed and
demonstrated yet, has it?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: [RT] More on aggregated content: Are publets portlets?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just making sure we don't miss what others are doing, it might be worth
> looking at these links:
>
> http://portals.apache.org/
> http://ws.apache.org/wsrp4j/
> http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=168
>
> @Andreas: You had written the Publet and ResourceTypePage proposals,
> right? Did you cross-check with the above resources?

Not yet, I just wrote down some random thoughts by now.
But I'll certainly look beyond my own nose before continuing.

> Did you ever have a
> look at the PageFragmentEditingProposal and the
> XIncludeAggregationProposal? I think they try to accomplish exactly the
> same, but if I get it right, neither approad has been developed and
> demonstrated yet, has it?

AFAIK no.

-- Andreas