Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by joan zlotnick <jo...@me.com> on 2017/01/20 01:38:00 UTC

Re: Technical support

> On Jan 19, 2017, at 8:33 PM, joan zlotnick <jo...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Message on my screen says, “Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal setting or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing  you should make sure user ‘joan zlotnick’ closes OpenOffice on host ‘joan’s MacBookAir.home.”
With an important deadline coming up, I need to speak with technical support staff to help me fix this problem ASAP. Please send me phone contact immediately. This matter is urgent.

Many thanks,
Joan Zlotnik

Fwd: Re: Technical support

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Forwarded to OP

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

On 2017-01-20, 4:25 AM Martin Groenescheij wrote concerning "Fwd: Re: Technical support":
> On 20/01/17 12:38 PM, joan zlotnick wrote:
>>> On Jan 19, 2017, at 8:33 PM, joan zlotnick <jo...@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Message on my screen says, “Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your
>>> personal setting or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to
>>> inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing you should make sure user
>>> ‘joan zlotnick’ closes OpenOffice on host ‘joan’s MacBookAir.home.”
>
> The message tells you that there is a lock file. Under Windows (I have
> no Mac) you find this in:
> C:\user\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4

The lock file is hidden on Macs. They are usually removed when you restart your Mac. The system
files are hidden on Macs. Several ways to reveal them.
a) Use Terminal. See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/47 ... 0&tstart=0
b) Use a third party app such as TinkerTool which gives access to many hidden Mac functions.
http://www.bresink.com/osx/0TinkerTool/details.html

>> With an important deadline coming up, I need to speak with technical support staff to help
>> me fix this problem ASAP. Please send me phone contact immediately. This matter is urgent.
>
> OpenOffice is an Open Source application which is maintained by
> volunteers, there is no support staff.
> On this mailing list you get support from users like you.
>

>> Many thanks,
>> Joan Zlotnik

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada