Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/15 16:41:39 UTC

Re: How to ajax update a component without triggered ajaxrequesttarget

Can you explain a bit more what you want to achieve? Or your use case?

Ernesto

Posted by Martin Asenov <mA...@velti.com>.
Hello, Ernesto!

The use case is that I have modal in a modal.

The first modal displays some information and the second modal is a confirmation dialog that asks the user if he really wants to remove the entry.

when I say in the conf dialog under the 'yes' button;
dialog.setWindowClosedCallback(...);
dialog.close(target);

the dialog really gets closed, but the callback is never executed.
this error occurs only in this specific case, when the parent page is in another modal. When it's not, everything works fine.

So I replaced the above mentioned paragraph with:

parentPage.executeSomeMethod(target);
dialog.close(target);

of course the target isn't a valid one, because it comes from another window (or so I think)

so my idea is to trigger ajaxrequesttarget for a page, without having to trigger it from a ajax button/link or a modal window callback

Thanks,
Martin