Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paridhi Bansal <pa...@mail.com> on 2003/09/17 06:30:27 UTC

Tomcat crashing...

Hi!!!!

I am using tomcat4.0.6 as a standalone server for my servlet -applet based application.The server initially listens at port 8443(SSL) and after the request, the servlet throws a jar file and opens up port 4004 for applet-servlet communication. However, when this port is openend, telnetting to the server on this open port i.e 4004 (which is actaully not included in tomcat's configuartion file but is hardcoded in the servlet and applet), the tomcat server itself crashes. All the java threads get terminated automatically.I have to restart tomcat to start things working.What can be the cause for this??Is there something to be included in the tomcat configuration??What can be the solution??

Any help will b highly appreciated...

Paridhi
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers

Re: Tomcat crashing...

Posted by Jaco Kroon <jk...@cs.up.ac.za>.
Try finding a rogue System.exit call :).

Re: Tomcat crashing...

Posted by Jaco Kroon <jk...@cs.up.ac.za>.