Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/09 22:00:02 UTC

Store aggregates in HBase

I got a CDH cluster with data being ingested via Flume to store in HDFS as
Avro. Currently, I query the dataset using Hive. I would like to use HBase
to store some frequently used top aggregates for example, number of views
per page, etc.

Being new to HBase, I wanted to know if its the correct usecase for HBase.
If so, how does one go about storing the aggregates into HBase and use the
REST interface that HBase provides.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Store aggregates in HBase

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Storing aggregates on its own? No.
Storing aggregates of a data set that is the primary target? Sure. Why not?