Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by dayu <sd...@163.com> on 2018/06/27 10:21:26 UTC

Is it ok to add more than one node to a exist cluster

Hi,
    I have read a warning of not Simultaneously bootstrapping more than one new node from the same rack in version 2.1  link
    My cassandra cluster version is 3.0.10.
    So I wonder to know Is it ok to add more than one node to a exist cluster in 3.0.10.

Thanks!
Dayu

Re: Is it ok to add more than one node to a exist cluster

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
To clarify, this is after the node reaches NORMAL state. don't bootstrap
other nodes while one is in JOINING unless you really know what you are
doing and aren't using vnodes.

Re:Re: Is it ok to add more than one node to a exist cluster

Posted by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.