Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Arthur Kahlich <ar...@millcomputing.com> on 2014/09/11 07:51:41 UTC

Is there a minimum subversion version requirement?

I am attempting to setup apache-bloodhound-0.7 on a Centos release 6.5
(Final) machine.
I am following the instructions to setup bloodhound with subversion at:

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall#Subversion

I have added the epel-release repository to my install, so I have installed

Python 2.6.6
svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)

If I do

yum search python-subversion

it finds nothing.

Do I need to have subversion 1.7 or later?
Do I need to go to:

http://opensource.wandisco.com/rhel/6/svn-1.7/RPMS/x86_64/

and get the latest?
Are the 'subversion-python' rpm's there what are used now with a
bloodhound install?

Thanks for your help!
Art

PS: This subversion 1.6.11 worked with Trac 0.12 as installed using the
Centos 6 rpm repositories, but I wanted the multiple product capability
that bloodhound offers.

--
Arthur Kahlich
CTO - Hardware

Re: Is there a minimum subversion version requirement?

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Arthur Kahlich <ar...@millcomputing.com>
wrote:

> I am attempting to setup apache-bloodhound-0.7 on a Centos release 6.5
> (Final) machine.
> I am following the instructions to setup bloodhound with subversion at:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall#Subversion
>
> I have added the epel-release repository to my install, so I have installed
>
> Python 2.6.6
> svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)
>
> If I do
>
> yum search python-subversion
>
> it finds nothing.
>
> Do I need to have subversion 1.7 or later?
> Do I need to go to:
>
> http://opensource.wandisco.com/rhel/6/svn-1.7/RPMS/x86_64/
>
> and get the latest?
> Are the 'subversion-python' rpm's there what are used now with a
> bloodhound install?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Art
>
> PS: This subversion 1.6.11 worked with Trac 0.12 as installed using the
> Centos 6 rpm repositories, but I wanted the multiple product capability
> that bloodhound offers.

Trac 1.0.x supports Subversion 1.6, so Subversion 1.6 should work with
Bloodhound as well. I guess your question is how to get the
python-subversion bindings on CentOS 6.5? I was, perhaps naively, expecting
that all major Linux distributions would provide the python-subversion
package. I did some quick reading and couldn't find an easy answer;
building the bindings from source seems complex. It seems like the quickest
fix may be to install the WANdisco package simply because they provide the
Subversion bindings as well.