Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Xu-Feng Mao <m9...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/09 04:43:59 UTC

Upgrade from cdh3u0 to 0.90.3 + HBASE-3872

Hi,

Since we've run into HBASE-3872 issue, we're considering upgrade a
production system from cdh3u0 to 0.90.3+HBASE-3872 patched.
Is it safe to just replace the hbase directory, and restart all the
regionservers and master? We have no chance to stop the whole cluster
together, can we restarted the regionservers partly, ie., can cdh3u0 and
0.90.3 cooperate for a while?

Thanks and regards

Mao Xu-Feng

Re: Upgrade from cdh3u0 to 0.90.3 + HBASE-3872

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Yes. You should analyze HBase and hadoop logs
See Stack's comments in HBASE-4058

Posted by Xu-Feng Mao <m9...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.