Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Is...@seabury.com on 2004/06/04 20:29:28 UTC

Testing secure Https sites

I am trying to utilize JMeter 2.0.1 to record a script using https and I
keep getting a, "Page cannot be displayed" message.  I have j2re1.4.2_03
installed, checked my jmeter.properties file and updated my classpath to
look into the jmeter \bin and \lib directories.  I have looked at the
usermanual documentation and don't see anything else that I need to modify
to test secure sites.  Any assistance that you can offer would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Ishmael A. Obleton
Test Engineer
Marsh Advantage America - eBusiness Systems
Email: ishmael.a.obleton@seabury.com

Re: Testing secure Https sites

Posted by Is...@seabury.com.

This works, thanks.

Simon Sadedin <ss...@badboy.com.au> on 06/05/2004 09:40:44 PM

Please respond to "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

To:    JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:    Re: Testing secure Https sites

Check out question 12 (at time of writing) in the FAQ .   Many people
are able to to workaround this problem by recording using http and then
manually changing the requests to https.   I will, of course, put in my
usual shameless plug for Badboy (http://www.badboy.com.au)  which will
let you record https and then export it to JMeter quite easily.  You
need an IE/Win32 platform to use it though.

Best regards,

Simon Sadedin.
Badboy Software.

Posted by Simon Sadedin <ss...@badboy.com.au>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Testing secure sites is ok.  Recording scripts against a secure site
will never work.

After all, your browser is sending and receiving secure info.  How
secure would it be if JMeter could record it all?

-Mike

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 14:29, Ishmael.A.Obleton@seabury.com wrote:

> I am trying to utilize JMeter 2.0.1 to record a script using https and I
> keep getting a, "Page cannot be displayed" message.  I have j2re1.4.2_03
> installed, checked my jmeter.properties file and updated my classpath to
> look into the jmeter \bin and \lib directories.  I have looked at the
> usermanual documentation and don't see anything else that I need to modify
> to test secure sites.  Any assistance that you can offer would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Ishmael A. Obleton
> Test Engineer
> Marsh Advantage America - eBusiness Systems
> Email: ishmael.a.obleton@seabury.com

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation