Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ketan Kakkad <kk...@intranetsolutions.com> on 2001/07/25 20:23:51 UTC

HELP: Tomcat & IIS Plugin

Hi all,

We have been trying test Tomcat(v3.2.2) plugin in IIS 5.0 on Win2000
platform. We have servlets executing on Tomcat standalone (port 8080)
without any problems. We installed Tomcat Plugin (isapi_redirect.dll)
successfully by following instructions found at Tomcat IIS HowTo
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html)
and also tested 'examples' jsp and servlets successfully without much
problems (thank you all for providing detailed instructions). However,
we are unable to execute our servlets on IIS/Tomcat plugin/Tomcat.

Here is what is found in the isapi.log file:
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (408)]: HttpFilterProc started
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (429)]: In HttpFilterProc test redirection of
/mytest/servlet/test
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (345)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (435)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker,
done without a match
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (452)]: HttpFilterProc [/mytest/servlet/test/] is not
a servlet url
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (461)]: HttpFilterProc check if
[/mytest/servlet/test] is points to the web-inf directory

I have modified uriworkermap.properties and added following entry:
/mytest/*=ajp12

<servlet-name>test</servlet-name> is mapped to
<servlet-class>mytest.MyTestServlet</servlet-class>
in webapps/mytest/WEB-INF/web.xml file. And I know that it does not have
s problem because I can access same servlet by connecting to the Tomcat
standalone directly instead of going through IIS.

My question is ...
http://localhost/examples/servlet/RequestInfoExample  - Executes without
any problems
http://localhost/examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp  - Executes without any
problems
http://localhost:8080/mytest/servlet/test  - Executes without any
problems

So, why wouldn't http://localhost/mytest/servlet/test execute at all?
Each request results in the error/info message in the isapi log file
stating that 'jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, done without a
match'. I know that there is something really small that I am missing,
but I am unable to find any documentation/instruction that would guide
me on how to fix this problem.

Any help is appreacited.
Thanks.

- Ketan

PS: A suggestion: It would be really helpful if above mentioned messages
were little more discriptive providing some insight into the problem
details.

---
Ketan Kakkad
Manager, Advanced Technologies