Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Jens Goldhammer <go...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/11 10:19:22 UTC

clone-mediator

Hello,

I have a question to the clone-mediator.  If Synapse sends ten copies of
a message to ten providers, what happens with the response messages? I
see example 400 with an iterate (in) and an aggregate (out), but no
clone-mediator. Can it be used in the same way as iterate?

Thanks
Jens

Re: clone-mediator

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,

Yes certainly. You just have to replace the iterate mediator with the clone
in sample 400 and it will work. Basically there are two properties whihc
will be set by both clone and iterate mediators and the aggregator is aware
of that property, and hence it can aggregate the messages.

These two properties are the messageSequence and the aggregateCorelation
which does the job.

messageSequence is somewhat like 1/10 or 3/10 ..... (basically
$splitted_message_number/splitted_message_count)
aggregateCorelation is the messageID of the parent message which is used to
split (clone/iterate) the messages

Hope this explanation helps you to get started... :)

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton