Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by nialdavies <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/13 15:44:55 UTC

Improving search results

Hi,
We're currently doing a project to implement a site search feature on our
website. At the moment we are experamenting with Nutch.

Now, my question is how can improve the quality of the search resuluts in
terms of the actual listings themselves.

At the moment it just takes the title and Meta description from each page.
can this be configured to take excerpts like Google does? Are there any
other suggestions to improve the quality?

Cheers

Nial