Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by tp...@gmail.com, tp...@gmail.com on 2019/07/29 10:28:23 UTC

Does Hessian protocol support CompletableFuture?

Dear experts,

We are using Dubbo for our public APIs.

In order to transfer large files, we read that Hessian is the recommended protocol to use: http://dubbo.apache.org/en-us/docs/user/references/protocol/hessian.html

We just wonder if this protocol support async invokers, as the response is not expected to be returned instantly?!!
Such as: CompletableFuture<Response> uploadLargeFile(File largeFile);

Best regards
Tien Dat

Re: Does Hessian protocol support CompletableFuture?

Posted by tp...@gmail.com, tp...@gmail.com.
Dear Ian

We also read about Dubbo 3.0. And we are so excited waiting for it to be released.
Regarding the request-stream support, does it mean the InputStream (large binary stream) will also be supported?

In the meantime, we will use Dubbo for request-response scenario then.

Best
Tien Dat

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Tien,