Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by huaxiang <hu...@asiainfo-linkage.com> on 2012/09/10 18:02:42 UTC

答复: for CDH4.0, where can i find the hbase-default.xml file if using RPM install

Hi,
   I don't find the hbase-default.xml file using following command, any
other way?
   To be clear, this hadoop was installed with CDH RPM package.

Huaxiang

[root@hadoop1 ~]# clear
[root@hadoop1 ~]# rpm -qlp *rpm_file_name.rpm*
[root@hadoop1 ~]# ^C
[root@hadoop1 ~]# find / -name "*hbase-default.xml*"
/usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml
[root@hadoop1 ~]#

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM, huaxiang <hu...@asiainfo-linkage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I don't find the hbase-default.xml file using following command, any
> other way?
>    To be clear, this hadoop was installed with CDH RPM package.

Is it not bundled inside the hbase-*.jar?
St.Ack

Re: 答复: for CDH4.0, where can i find the hbase-default.xml file if using RPM install

Posted by John Hancock <jh...@gmail.com>.
Huaxiang,

You are looking for hbase-default.xml, right?

The output of the find command is telling you where it is.

/usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

You should be able to enter the commands:

less /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

or

vi /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

or

emacs /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

or

nano  /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

and see the contents of hbase-default.xml

Or just do

cd /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/

and then

ls -la

and you ought to see hbase-default there in the output of the ls command.

-John

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Srinivas,

In the source tarball, the file is at
$HBASE_HOME/src/main/resources/hbase-default.xml

--
Harsh J

Re: 答复: for CDH4.0, where can i find the hbase-default.xml file if using RPM install

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
You want to look at the hbase-xxx.jar inside the .tar.gz archive.

Tested with 0.94.1:

$ tar -O -xf hbase-0.94.1.tar.gz "*hbase-0.94.1.jar" | jar -t | grep hbase-default.xmlhbase-default.xml

It's there. :)

-- Lars

Posted by Srinivas Mupparapu <j2...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
HBase in packaged form bundles the default XML only inside the HBase
jar(s). You need to download a source package tarball to get the
default XML otherwise.

> /usr/share/doc/hbase-0.92.1+67/hbase-default.xml

The above looks right, you can use that as a reference. Looks to be
installed via a docs package from the same distribution.

Otherwise, get it via a simple unzip from the jar:

$ unzip $HBASE_HOME/hbase-0.92.1-cdh4.0.1-security.jar hbase-default.xml
$ cat hbase-default.xml

--
Harsh J