Posted to builds@apache.org by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2017/07/14 10:55:33 UTC

REMINDER: [JENKINS] [IMPORTANT] - Jenkins Migration and Upgrade (And JDK7 deprecation)

HI Folks,

time is almost upon us.

This Saturday/Sunday (depending on your TZ) is when the migration and upgrade happens.

Is everyone prepared for :-

A) The amount of downtime - it will be several hours , including stopping new jobs from running to allow for
in progress jobs to complete.

B) the Maven JDK 1.7 issue. Workarounds have been mentioned on this list and I will document them on
the Infra Confluence Wiki shortly.

C) Plugin Upgrades - These will be upgraded both before, for those that are compatible with the current
running version, and after the upgrade, to being them inline with the new Jenkins version.

I will be on HipChat #asfinfra (https://infra.chat <https://infra.chat/>)  all weekend should anyone have any questions before/during/after.

Thanks

Gav…

Fwd: REMINDER: [JENKINS] [IMPORTANT] - Jenkins Migration and Upgrade (And JDK7 deprecation)

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoft.io>.
Just for general awareness, I'm forwarding an Infra reminder relating to
downtime on the Apache Jenkins instances this weekend.

builds@apache.org> only.