Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/12 02:12:12 UTC

bi-directional CDCR

Hello,

What does that mean by below.  How do we set which cluster will act as
source or target at a time?

Both Cluster 1 and Cluster 2 can act as Source and Target at any given
point of time but a cluster cannot be both Source and Target at the same
time.
Also following the directions mentioned in this page doesn't make cdcr
works. No data flows from cluster 1  to cluster 2. The Solr 7.7.1.  Is
there something missing.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_7/cdcr-config.html#bi-directional-updates

Re: bi-directional CDCR

Posted by "Natarajan, Rajeswari" <ra...@sap.com>.
We are using bidirectional CDCR with solr 7.6 and it works for us. Did you look at the logs to see if there are any errors.

"Both Cluster 1 and Cluster 2 can act as Source and Target at any given
    point of time but a cluster cannot be both Source and Target at the same
    time."

The above means the publishing can take place on one cluster only at any point. Publishing cannot happen simultaneously on both clusters.

Hope this helps
Rajeswari