Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick <to...@vidyah.com> on 2005/11/14 16:35:39 UTC

Log4j issues upgrading from 5.5.9 to 5.5.12

REPOST: Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

After upgrading from 5.5.9 to 5.5.12, all the same log4j.properties files, I
now have some web-app level classes that I can not catch in my web-app log4j
logger.  I ended up having to put loggers in my
common/classes/log4j.properties file to deal with them.
Again, this worked normally in 5.5.9 with the same configuration.

One example, handling OSCache log entries..
log4j.logger.org.jgroups=INFO, CACHE
log4j.logger.com.opensymphony=WARN, CACHE

log4j.appender.CACHE=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.CACHE.File=${catalina.home}/logs/cache.log
The Jars for JGroups and OSCache are both in my web-app's lib folder, not in
common/lib.
But I'm forced to create loggers in common/lib to catch the log entries.  My
webapp level loggers do not see any log entries from the above mentioned
classes.

Anyone else have a similar issue and find a fix?

Thanks,
Rick