Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Aron Kramlik <ar...@itouch.com.au> on 2001/10/01 07:20:15 UTC

Java source file and line number disappear after a some time

Hi,

We are using the latest build of log4j, 1.1.3 on Linux and IBM JDK 1.2.2 and
1.3.
After our application has been running for some time we notice in our log
files that
we get "?:?" instead of the Java source file name and line number that the
log call
originated.  An example is given below.  Why does this happen and how can we
prevent it?  It would be much more helpful if these stayed for the duration
of the
application (forever hopefully).

2001-09-28 15:04:05,780 ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(2278)-192.168.35.13]
CMAServerImpl.handleAuthenticatedRequest(CMAServerImpl (?:?) - some problem
in logging process messages

Thanks for your help,

Aron.

Aron Kramlik
aron.kramlik@itouch.com.au

Re: Java source file and line number disappear after a some time

Posted by Max Rydahl Andersen <ma...@eos.dk>.
wild guess!

Could it be that in the start the JIT compiler has not yet compiled the code
and hence will report line number etc. in the begining but not after it has
JIT compiled the code ?