Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/01/23 08:51:10 UTC

Re: I cant take any GET parameters with %fdat

Hi,

>I cant take any GET parameters with %fdat
>IE5.5 => Apache1.3.14 => EmbPerl1.3.0

This work here without problems

>      26 CONTENT_LENGTH 10
>      27 REQUEST_METHOD GET

You shouldn't have a content_length > 0 and a request method GET

> This means that form data is taken either from the environment variable
QUERY_STRING or from stdin, depending on whether or not >CONTENT_LENGTH is
set. (This will be set by the web server depending on whether the request
method is GET or POST).

>think twice. :}
>whatabout REQUEST_METHOD instead :)

think double twice :}
what is if anybody uses a non standard request method, like DELETE, MOVE or
even FOO. What should Embperl do then?

Using the content_length header for this decision has proven very well
during the last 4 years. Unless you show more detailed (example code) that
it really not works, I will not change this.

Gerald

P.S. Please send any future mails to the embperl mailling list. This is the
right place for such a discussion.