Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/05/15 16:58:57 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main buff.c http_core.c util_ebcdic.c util_script.c

On 15 May 2000 trawick@locus.apache.org wrote:

> trawick     00/05/15 10:51:26
>
>   Modified:    src/include util_ebcdic.h util_md5.h
>                src/main buff.c http_core.c util_ebcdic.c util_script.c
>   Log:
>   util_ebcdic.h, util_ebcdic.c, http_core.c:
>     tweak ap_checkconv() for 2.0
>   buff.c:
>     fix typo in comment
>   util_md5.h:
>     change CHARSET_EBCDIC to APACHE_XLATE
>   util_script.c:
>     APR-ize some character set conversion (EBCDIC only)

Is there any chance from now on that things like this can be one commit
each?  Putting multiple changes in one commit makes it hard to review
because the reviewer has to go back to the top of the e-mail to figure out
which problem is being solved for each file.  Each commit should really
fix one problem with the code, IMHO.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main buff.c http_core.c util_ebcdic.c util_script.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
> > trawick     00/05/15 10:51:26
> >
> >   Modified:    src/include util_ebcdic.h util_md5.h
> >                src/main buff.c http_core.c util_ebcdic.c util_script.c
> >   Log:
> >   util_ebcdic.h, util_ebcdic.c, http_core.c:
> >     tweak ap_checkconv() for 2.0
> >   buff.c:
> >     fix typo in comment
> >   util_md5.h:
> >     change CHARSET_EBCDIC to APACHE_XLATE
> >   util_script.c:
> >     APR-ize some character set conversion (EBCDIC only)
>
> Is there any chance from now on that things like this can be one commit
> each?  Putting multiple changes in one commit makes it hard to review
> because the reviewer has to go back to the top of the e-mail to figure out
> which problem is being solved for each file.  Each commit should really
> fix one problem with the code, IMHO.
>
> Ryan

I'll do that (but remind me if I forget)...

Thanks...

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main buff.c http_core.c util_ebcdic.c util_script.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.