Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Rosenberger <pi...@gmx.de> on 2004/05/12 18:16:12 UTC

Woody binding - How to debug?

Hello!

As mentioned in another posting this morning, I try to use the Woody binding
framework to bind to a XML file got by an java class.

I have specified similar to the XML binding samples my sitemap:

 <map:match pattern="form2xml.flow">
    <map:call function="woody">
    <map:parameter name="function" value="form2xml"/>
    <map:parameter name="form-definition" value="forms/wd_info.xml"/>
            <map:parameter name="documentURI"
value="http://localhost/info.xml"/>
          <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="forms/wb_info.xml"/>
   </map:call>
</map:match>

Alternative parameter für documentURI:
 <map:parameter name="documentURI"
value="cocoon:/getData?ID={request-param:ID}"/>

My form appears, but without any data filled in.

How can I debug the binding? There is no logging in WEB-INF/logs for the
binding.

Need to now, why the values are not filled in.

Regards,
Christian

Re: Woody binding - How to debug?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 12.05.2004 18:16, Christian Rosenberger wrote:

> Hello!
>
> As mentioned in another posting this morning, I try to use the Woody
> binding framework to bind to a XML file got by an java class.

> My form appears, but without any data filled in.
>
> How can I debug the binding? There is no logging in WEB-INF/logs for the
> binding.
>
> Need to now, why the values are not filled in.

Indeed a bit difficult - similar to sitemap debugging. When I had
problems with binding I did remote debugging and set some break points,
but of course you have to know where to set them.

And the bindings *do* log, but on debug level, you might need to change
your logkit.xconf. Example:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/binding/ValueJXPathBinding.java?annotate=1.7#102.

Joerg