Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Laszlo Gaal <la...@cloudera.com> on 2022/07/31 18:44:50 UTC

jenkins.impala.io upgrade and extended outage

Hi,

The Impala public Jenkins server is undergoing a major upgrade: it is being
migrated to a new server instance running Ubuntu 20.04.

The migration intends to preserve recent build results for the popular
builds jobs.
These are the precommit jobs (both the Gerrit-triggered ones and the jobs
servicing the gerrit-verify-dryrun precommit job), and the performance
benchmark jobs.
For all other jobs the last successful and the last failed run will be kept.

Data migration involves extended downtime to ensure that all configuration,
build data and metadata can be transferred in a consistent state.
Jenkins.impala.io has been taken offline so that new builds don't interfere
with the transfer process.

Mail will be sent when the service becomes available again; this can be
expected by tomorrow morning Europe time by the latest (which would be
Sunday evening Pacific).

Thank you for your understanding,

  - LaszloG

Re: jenkins.impala.io upgrade and extended outage

Posted by Laszlo Gaal <la...@cloudera.com>.
The service is up and running again, this time on the migrated instance.

It is still considered to be somewhat experimental, but its performance and
functionality should be identical to the old instance.
I am keeping a close watch on it, so please reach out through this list if
you experience any issues with the service,
or if you think something is missing from the new configuration. Use the
subject prefix "[jenkins]" to tag your message.

The precommit and the performance jobs have roughly a week's worth of runs
preserved; for all other jobs
only the last successful and the last failed run was transferred from the
old instance.

The old instance is archived and preserved, so it is possible to restore
anything from there,
should you need it (although it may take some extra time).

Enjoy the new server, and
thank you for your patience,

 - LaszloG