Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2015/08/09 13:45:50 UTC

Droids Podling Issue

All,

I'm very concerned with the droids podling.

First, their website no longer works: http://incubator.apache.org/droids/

Second, Their ML archives indicate no activity for a year.  There has been
consistently 1 email on the list per month.  Its generally about the board
report, and a couple about newly created tickets:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-droids-dev/

Third, their commits mailing list indicates no commits sine April 2013
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-droids-commits/

This sounds like a podling in bad shape, which is weird because the last
batch of activity was around a name search and graduating.  Does anyone
know whats going on here?

John

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I am sorry I think I may have missed that VOTE thread =(

Thanks for the update, Marvin.

- Henry

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that would help. I somehow found the DISCUSS thread but missed
the VOTE thread to retire the podlings.

- Henry

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'll move them forward to retired in podlings.xml and start looking at
> > jenkins if that helps (for both podlings)
>
> John, I really appreciate the offer to help, but I have ambitions to
> clean up the retirement guide and would like to do all the steps
> myself if I can. I'll start tonight.

Sure no problem.  Reach out if you need any help.

We should probably at least list them as retired in this month's report?

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any response.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
Thorsten, any commentary?

Marvin Humphrey

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
Thorsten, any commentary?

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: Droids Podling Issue

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
FWIW: Droids has always been right there after NPanday for me
to be concerned about. This is not the isolated instance you're
seeing.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Droids Podling Issue