Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 12:38:36 UTC

FailedRequestFilter

Hi!

In trunk I committed a new feature: request attribute that is set if
there were problems during parameter parsing and FailedRequestFilter -
filter that rejects requests if that request attribute is set.

I would like this to be ported to TC7 and earlier versions up to 5.5,
but will wait a while for review and feedback.

To test it I recommend to add the following to the default conf/web.xml:

[[[
    <filter>
        <filter-name>failedRequestFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>
          org.apache.catalina.filters.FailedRequestFilter
        </filter-class>
        <async-supported>true</async-supported>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>failedRequestFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
]]]

Revisions in trunk implementing this feature:

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: FailedRequestFilter

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/7 Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> In trunk I committed a new feature: request attribute that is set if
> there were problems during parameter parsing and FailedRequestFilter -
> filter that rejects requests if that request attribute is set.
>
> I would like this to be ported to TC7 and earlier versions up to 5.5,
> but will wait a while for review and feedback.
>
> To test it I recommend to add the following to the default conf/web.xml:
>
> [[[
>    <filter>
>        <filter-name>failedRequestFilter</filter-name>
>        <filter-class>
>          org.apache.catalina.filters.FailedRequestFilter
>        </filter-class>
>        <async-supported>true</async-supported>
>    </filter>
>    <filter-mapping>
>        <filter-name>failedRequestFilter</filter-name>
>        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>    </filter-mapping>
> ]]]
>
> Revisions in trunk implementing this feature:

Current results with the above fragment added to the default conf/web.xml:
- Examples app OK
- Testsuite passes BIOxNIOxAPR,
 though I am not sure whether the tests use conf/web.xml or not.
- WAR upload in manager webapp:
file uploads successfully and the app is deployed,
but there are errors during deployment and undeployment.

I think this FailedRequestFilter is OK for further backport.

Remaining tasks are documenting it:  in config/filters.xml. Maybe add
mention of it to maxParameterCount attribute in config/http.xml and
config/ajp.xml and  to maxParameterCount feature description in
changelog.  I am not yet sure whether to add a commented-out example
of it in the default web.xml, but it seems useful.

Regarding the manager webapp I think the error is not related to this
feature. I will start separate thread with more details. The manager
webapp in trunk as of now is broken.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko