Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gshepherd7 <gs...@yahoo.com> on 2016/08/03 16:02:24 UTC

Camel Netty4 multiple client connections

I have a requirement to be able to support 100K messages a minute from one
Camel instance to another Camel instance on the same network.  I'm receiving
9 different message types in my publisher routes and pushing them from my
Publisher Camel instance to the Camel Consumer instance using the Camel
Netty4 component with the same IP/port.  I've tried modifying numerous Netty
options such as the workerCount, poolSize and even set clientMode=true on my
publisher side, but I haven't seen any changes in performance. Using
netstat, I've been able to observe that 6 socket connections occur when I
start all 9 publishers.  How can I increase the number of connections it is
using?  I've been unable to find any Netty options that allow me to change
this.  I'm sending 11K messages for each message type every 10ms.
Currently, I'm losing about a 1/3 of the messages as it is configured now.

Publisher route example looks like this:

<route>
  <do some stuff>
uri="netty4:tcp://192.168.1.1:7001?sync=false&amp;ssl=true&amp;sslContextParameters=#sslContextParameters&amp;allowDefaultCodec=false&amp;transferExchange=true&amp;encoder=#objectEncoder&amp;decoder=#objectDecoder"/>
</route>

Subscriber route example looks like this:

<route id="Incoming Messages">
    <from