Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Irina Arkhipets <ia...@unipro.ru> on 2012/06/29 13:26:16 UTC

Strange OpenMeetings behavior when I am entering the room...

Hi All,

I am observing very strange behavior when I am entering the room.

The steps are following:

-          I enter some OpenMeetings room (Room1) and start the recording

-          After the recording started, I am login into OpenMeetings and try
to enter some room (Room 2). In 80% cases I am unable to do it well. I see
the whiteboard and can click some buttons or make some actions with the
mouse, but the "Choose device" start window does not appear for me and I
don't see myself in the user list. This happens not each time, but very
often (7 time of 10 approximately). It does not matter if I am making
recording in the same OpenMeetings server or not - reproducible in both
cases.

-          After I stop the recording, my user appears in the user list in
the Room2, I get the screen for the video and audio device selecting, etc.

Is this a problem on the client side? For example, my desktop is too slow,
incorrect flash player is installed there, etc.?

Or should I file a bug regarding OpenMeetings itself?

Did anybody else observe such behavior?

I use recent OM 2.0 from the trunk.

I tried several installations including my local one and demo on Sebastian's
site.

My desktop is:

Windows XP SP3, I've tried FF and Google Chrome.

Intel Core2 CPU 2,14 GHz 3.24Gb of RAM

Best regards,

Irina.

Re: Strange OpenMeetings behavior when I am entering the room...

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Irina,

I guess your system is at its CPU limit.
Please check after you did start recording in one room your CPU usage.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock