Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julian Heise <ju...@gmx.net> on 2011/05/06 14:53:17 UTC

How many UpdateHandlers can a Solr config have?

Hello everyone,

just a very basic question, but I haven't been able to find the answer in
the Solr wiki: how many updateHandlers can one Solr config have? Just one?
Or many?

Thank you very much

-Julian

Re: How many UpdateHandlers can a Solr config have?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: just a very basic question, but I haven't been able to find the answer in
: the Solr wiki: how many updateHandlers can one Solr config have? Just one?
: Or many?

There can only be one <updateHandler /> declaration in solrconfig.xml,
it's
responsible for "owning" updates to the index.

But there can be any number of <requestHandler /> declarations to
configure request handlers that do updates, as well as any number of
<updateRequestProcessorChain /> declarations that can identify the
processors used for dealing with updates (which cna be refered to by name
from the request handlers)

-Hoss