Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/05/08 07:35:14 UTC

Re: Last content feature on OFBiz E-commerce

Hi Priya,

I guess the question is: do you/we really need it in ecommerce context?

Jacques

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Priya,

As per my exploration this has been designed to list the last content
> visited by the user. But as this functionality is not currently functional
> on any of the releases & I am in doubt about the actual behavior of this
> feature.

It's functional and works when content viewed using "viewcontent" page.

If your doubt is "How it works?"

   - On clicking any "content" from "Browse Content" section of the left
   panel, it will open "showcontenttree" page.
   - Click on search button, it will open "searchContent" page
   - When clicking on any contentId link, it opens viewcontent page.
   - "Last Content" section lists those pages rendered through
   "viewcontent" page

Please help me in understanding how to make it functional.

I guess going with "How it is implemented?" may make it more clear

   - When a content is accessed through "viewcontent" page, *MruAdd.groovy*
   executes which sets a *map*   "*lookupCaches*" as a *session* attribute.
   - "*lookupCaches*" Map has key as entityName ("
   ContentAssocDataResourceViewFrom") and its value a LifoSet having
   GenericValue records of Content accessed.
   - "Last Content" section is rendered with "recentlyviewed" screen,
   *Mrv.groovy* extracts this list from session & puts it into context as
   "mrvList" which is rendered on recentlyviewed.ftl

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Sharma
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.