Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ashwin Sinha <as...@go-mmt.com> on 2018/07/03 12:42:18 UTC

Issues with Flink1.5 SQL-Client

Hi folks,

We are trying to setup flink sql client
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/dev/table/sqlClient.html>.
It
is still in development phase, but flink-1.5 contains beta version of this
feature.

*Our environment:*

*Kafka-*Topic: test_flink_state_check
Kafka Key: null
Kafka Value example: {"state": 299, "number": 299}

*Flink-*
Jobmanager: http://localhost:8080/
conf/sql-client-defaults.yaml: https://pastebin.com/zGb3qs7E

Then we start sql-client shell by

./bin/sql-client.sh embedded

When we run

select * from [tablename]

the result shell hangs and after sometime it exits without printing any
data and give following error on screen: https://pastebin.com/wuitQx1a

Complete stacktrace in flink logs: https://pastebin.com/mgk06xeG

Please assist us in resolving this!

--
*Ashwin Sinha *| Data Engineer
ashwin.sinha@go-mmt.com <sh...@go-mmt.com> | 9452075361

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.

Re: Issues with Flink1.5 SQL-Client

Posted by Xingcan Cui <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashwin,

I encountered this problem before. You should make sure that the version for your Flink cluster and the version you run the SQL-Client are exactly the same.

Best,
Xingcan

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Great to hear!