Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Nitin Gupta <ni...@srishtitechnet.com> on 2009/06/22 16:01:13 UTC

CouchDB for logging & file storage

Hi All,

I am new to non-rdbms storage systems. I am working on an application in
which we need to log different user actions as plain text. I am not of the
opinion to make use of our rdbms for this activity as writing this on a
rdbms can be an expansive process.

Can I make use of Couch DB for this activity? Also I am looking to store all
the attachments or BLOB into some non-rdbms solution. Can I make use of
CouchDB here as well. This way I will just have to add one network component
to address file storage and logging of user action.

I would probably need to show the logged information on the admin console or
some other UI to the users. I hope that I can do basic indexing, querying
etc on the basis of data items.

Regards,

nitin