Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> on 2007/03/06 00:53:44 UTC

How to cache the responses for XMLHttpRquest

Hi,

I want to cache the responses for XMLHttpRequest, that is dynamic
content. I have configureed http.conf using Expires to add headers to
those responses. However, I still could not find those responses to be
able to be cached by use of web browser.

Regards,

Erica

Re: How to cache the responses for XMLHttpRquest

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/5/07, Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to cache the responses for XMLHttpRequest, that is dynamic
> content. I have configureed http.conf using Expires to add headers to
> those responses. However, I still could not find those responses to be
> able to be cached by use of web browser.

This sounds like a question for the users list rather than the dev list.

When you ask there, try posting a complete set of response headers.

Joshua.

Re: How to cache the responses for XMLHttpRquest

Posted by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca>.
Paul Querna wrote:

>Erica Zhang wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to cache the responses for XMLHttpRequest, that is dynamic
>>content. I have configureed http.conf using Expires to add headers to
>>those responses. However, I still could not find those responses to be
>>able to be cached by use of web browser.
>>

>Some browsers (IE?) absolutely refuse to cache any XMLHTTPRequests, even
>if the headers and such are there.
>
>-Paul

Thanks a lot. It seems that firefox also could not support this
function. So I will try to use mod_proxy of apache to do it. If it could
not support it, I will develop some module embedded in apache by myself.

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.