Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by SKService <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 03:09:30 UTC

New to ServiceMix - Problem with installing ServiceMix using Binary Distribution

Hi,
I'm using 3.2.1 ServiceMix Binary Distribution. After extraction of the
zipped folder, I tried to start the servicemix server.

Please find the details of the error in the uploaded file.

Please advice accordingly.

Thanking you,
SKService http://www.nabble.com/file/p16170048/Problem%2BDescription.doc
Problem+Description.doc

Re: New to ServiceMix - Problem with installing ServiceMix using Binary Distribution

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:28 PM, SKService <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>         at
>  edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:102)
>         at
>  edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:189)
>         at
>  edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:213)
>         at
>  edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
>         at
>  edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

This is a known issue in ActiveMQ:

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: New to ServiceMix - Problem with installing ServiceMix using Binary Distribution

Posted by SKService <su...@gmail.com>.
Thankyou, it worked !!!

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
Let us go back a step here...  You can't disable the entire
amq:transportConnector because then ServiceMix JMSFlow can't connect to the
ActiveMQ broker.  What you can do is take out the
discoveryUri="multicast://default from the transport connector and you can
leave the networkConnector commented out.  Transport connector is for client
conenctions, network connectors are for internal ActiveMQ broker to broker
communications.

I suspect that you have some network issues (or no network at all) that
prevents multicast from working.  The ActiveMQ configuration that ships with
the binary distribution (activemq.xml in the conf dir) has some hints about
how you can configure the AMQ broker using static host names instead of
multicast as well.

Another option if you are just playing with a single instance of ServiceMix
is to try to disable (comment out) the JMS and JCA flows in
servicemix.xmland comment out the <import resource="classpath:
activemq.xml" />.

Good luck!
Chris

Posted by SKService <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
[...]

org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:33)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:280)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:214)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:161)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:97)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:88)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:74)
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:287)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:161)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:51)
[...]
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:265)

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
Hi,

you have to start the servicemix.bat from the servicemix
installation folder, like "bin\sevicemix.bat". The working directory
has to be the servicemix installation folder. (at least it's like this
for the linux version)

Regards,
Lars

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.