Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/02/19 11:55:00 UTC

Guava event bus and domain event phases

This is mostly for Oscar, but Jeroen and Martin might want to chip in.

Right now our design for domain events is a bit broken.  It doesn't impact
Estatio, and I think that Oscar's app also is working ok, but we need to
address it.

I've raised ISIS-1045 that hopefully summarises the issue [1]

Don't intend to do anything for 1.8.0, but need to find a solution we're
all happy with for 1.9.0.  My preferred solution is to revert the change
made in Oscar's patch, and beef up the threadlocal so that it's a stack of
interactions, rather than the current one.  Also suspect that Guava event
bus isn't actually an issue here.

Please comment on the ticket

Thx
Dan