Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ramesh RGVS <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/13 07:19:37 UTC

How to set 2 file names in log4j.properties

Hi All

I am using log4j in my applications.
i have a problem in directing the logs to different
files.
For examples i have 2 java programs and i wanted to
direct the messages to different files.
i have created 2 appenders in log4j.property file as
below

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, R,R1, stdout
log4j.appender.R.append=true
log4j.appender.R.file=TestLog.log
log4j.appender.R.maximumFileSize=10240000
log4j.appender.R.layout.conversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p
%c %M.%L %x -%m%n

log4j.appender.R1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R1.append=true
log4j.appender.R1.file=TestLog1.log
log4j.appender.R1.maximumFileSize=10240000
log4j.appender.R1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.R1.layout.conversionPattern=%d [%t]
%-5p %c %M.%L %x -%m%n

I want to know how to associate in my java program.
Currently my both java programs are writing messages
into same file though i declared 2 appenders.

In my java programs i am creating a handle for
catagory class as below and uding

static Category cat =
Category.getInstance(TestLogging.class.getName());

Please let me know how would i associate the appenders
to java programs and direct the log to different files

Regards
Ramesh